Medicines that prevent bites from these annoying mosquitoes can be found at every step, but most of them contain chemical compounds that act harmful to the body. That’s why we suggest you try the natural variants that repel mosquitoes.
Nothing can destroy the summer as effectively as annoying mosquitoes. Namely, when it penetrates the skin, this insect secretes saliva into which it has a protein that encourages the human immune system to release histamine, a chemical substance that causes redness and itching. By itching, the bite is only irritated, the skin bursts and the spot can be infected. Mosquitoes transmit various diseases, such as malaria and dengue. It should be known that only the female mosquitoes bite because the reproductive cycle requires blood from other organisms! Female mosquitoes can carry 400 eggs, and for this, a few drops of water are enough. The habitats of these insects are the river banks, ponds, and swamps, but they also carry eggs even in the case of flowers or garbage containers.
The strength of aromatic herbs
Mosquitoes do not tolerate the scent of the basil, so it is recommended that this spicy herb is kept on the window and from time to time the leaves should be sprinkled with water to spread its aroma. In addition to the basil, mint can expel annoying mosquitoes, алсо lavender, and rosemary.
Lavender possesses analgesic and antiseptic properties despite being bite prevention, it relieves already existing irritations and softens the skin. If you are not available to buy fresh lavender, the essential oil of this herb massage tightly on the wrists, neck, and hands. This provides adequate, alas, short-term protection against mosquitoes. You can put lavender on your bed and repel mosquitoes.
Take apple cider vinegar
You can repel mosquitoes if every morning you drink a glass of warm water in which you dissolve a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Namely, the smell that spreads from the body you will not feel, but the mosquitoes, who do not bear it, will feel very strongly. And they will not bite you.
What to do in case of a sting
- On the bitten place put apple cider vinegar, which reduces itching and pain.
- Place a little toothpaste on the bite, which will eliminate itching.
- If you apply a little lemon juice to the sore spot, you will prevent swelling and itching.
- Mix equal parts of water and baking soda and mix to get the paste. Put on the affected area and leave it to work for 15 minutes.
- A mixture of honey, cinnamon powder, and a little warm water can be used. Which should be applied directly to the bite.
- Put these remedies cold, on the bite.