Although the Himalayan salt has existed for centuries, it has recently been celebrated worldwide. Currently used as a regular spice in the diet, as part of spa treatments and even in home decor items (such as salt lamps!) Most of the salt found in supermarkets comes from the Punjab region of Pakistan, at the bottom of the Himalayan mountains, where it has saline areas for about 200 million years. Natural salt has a characteristic pink color due to certain minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, and iron.
What are the benefits of a Himalayan salt bath?
Depending on how it is used, Himalayan salt can help with many health problems, from respiratory conditions such as allergies and asthma to improve circulation, to soothe skin inflammation and to relieve tension and stress in your body. It is also recommended overcooked or sea salt because it has less sodium.
How to make a homemade bath with Himalayan salt?
To calm your feet, apply about 20 grams of Himalayan salt to every 4 liters of water. Soak tired feet for instant relaxation and softening of the skin.
To make a body scrub, all you have to do is mix 60 ml of olive oil with 270 grams of Himalayan salt and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix well and then massage the skin in small, circular motions, focusing on the areas that look drier, such as the elbows, knees, and feet.
The best way to use Himalayan salt is in the bathroom!
Not only does salt have microbial constituents (which can be helpful for acne on the body), it can also reduce irritation and inflammation. Let’s not forget about the fact that it will relax your whole body when you immerse it in warm, salty water. So how do you prepare a Himalayan bath at home?
First, make sure you wash your body thoroughly before entering the bathtub. Make sure there are no shampoo residues, body lotions or perfume. That way you will get the most out of the experience. After showering, it’s time to prepare your bath, and here’s how to do it step by step:
- Fill the tub with warm (not hot) water. The water needs to be slightly above body temperature to be comfortable.
- Slowly pour the Himalayan salt, spoon after spoon. Depending on the size of the bath, 2 to 3 tablespoons will suffice. Allow the salt to melt completely before entering.
- Release your favorite music playlist and lie down in the bathtub. Make sure you get rid of any thoughts for the next 30 minutes. It is good to have a glass of water nearby to keep you hydrated during the bath.
- Slowly exit the bathroom and touch the skin with a gentle towel. Then drink some more water and go to bed.
- Lastly, it is good to keep this in mind. The bath with Himalayan salt is extremely relaxing but at the same time intense so do not practice for more than 1-2 weeks.