Cauliflower flowers topped with vegan cream sauce are a perfect addition or main dish. And here’s how to make this specialty.
Vegan Recipe: Healthy Mac and Cheese-shaped Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower, divided into flowers
- 240 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 150 g of young carrots
- 65 g walnuts
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Method of preparation:
- Pour 500 ml of water into a pot and allow the water to boil.
- Add cauliflower flowers, cover with the lid and boil for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the nuts and carrots and sprinkle with water. Bake at low heat for 10-12 minutes or until the carrots have softened.
- Put the nuts and carrots in a blender, add the almond milk, dry yeast, mustard, onion and garlic powder, pepper and sea salt. Stir until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add cauliflower to the sauce, mix and serve.