According to some sources, chickpea originated in Egypt and was used in the 13th century. It was abundant in the Middle East and is still used very often. In fact, the word humus means chickpea in Arabic.
It is known that this plant preserves the heart, improves the digestive tract, lowers cholesterol and is a good source of selenium, due to its anti-cancer properties. So incorporate it into your daily diet, which will bring you numerous health benefits.
Homemade hummus that you will love
You must have heard that you can prepare delicious hummus. Hummus is a great solution when you rush in the morning and have no time for omelet or oatmeal. Toast the bread, chop the tomatoes and together with the ready-made homemade hummus, you get a quick and healthy breakfast.
Today we have an easy and quick recipe for homemade hummus that anyone can prepare and enjoy in its sumptuous taste!
- 500 g chickpeas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100 g of sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons of mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
Method of preparation:
- Soak the oil in water and allow it to stand overnight.
- Wash the next day and cook for 40 minutes.
- On low heat and without oil, fry the sesame seeds.
- Then blend all the ingredients: sesame, chickpea, parsley, mustard, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, and oil.
- If the mixture you get is too thick, add some water, but don’t overdo it.
If you want to be creative and make your hummus taste more interesting, add other spices, pumpkin seed or sunflower.