Ayurvedic medicine recommends drinking water stored in copper vessels because it is believed that copper has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a mineral essential for our body, and medical studies have proven the benefits of drinking water held in copper jugs.
According to a study from 2012, the storage of contaminated water in copper pots up to 16 hours at room temperature significantly reduces the presence of harmful microbes, so that researchers have concluded that copper is a solution for purifying drinking water from microbes, especially in developing countries.
Another study found that copper areas in the hospital killed 97% of ICU bacteria that could cause infections, resulting in a 40% reduction in infection rates.
Sadhguru, an Indian yogi, a mystic, a philanthropist, said, “If you hold in a copper bowl, preferably overnight or at least four hours, water from copper takes up certain qualities that are primarily good for your liver, but for both your health and energy in general. “
Ayurveda medicine says that water stored in copper vessels has the ability to balance all three doses in your body (wad, kapha and pitta). Dosha (dosha) is a Sanskrit word which means ‘the constitution of mind and body’. And all three doctors are present in each cell, tissue, and organ – for movement, metabolism, and fluidity – and are essential components of our lives.
Drinking Water From Copper Cups – What are the benefits?
- Drinking a glass of water from a copper cup (at room temperature) cleanses the kidneys and digestive system,
- Copper is a good tonic for liver, spleen and lymphatic system,
- Helps maintain the health of the digestive system,
- Stimulate your brain,
- Produces melanin (pigmentation of eyes, hair, and skin) in our body,
- Helps absorption of iron in the body,
- Destroys harmful bacteria in water,
- Regulates the work of the thyroid gland,
- It relieves pain caused by swollen joints such as arthritis,
- It slows down aging,
- Helps regulate blood pressure, heart rate and lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and
- Wounds heal faster
It is necessary to simply keep the water in the copper cup overnight. And drink positively charged water early in the morning or 2-3 times in one day. This is more than enough to take advantage of such water. Do not keep the water in the fridge. Regularly wash the copper cup with fresh lemon or a salt and tamarind test.
In this modern age, we often choose practicality in front of a healthier life. Drinking water from a plastic bottle, for example, is not only harmful to the environment but also health-risky.