Do you ever wonder why do you get white spots on your nails? We will tell you. White spots on the nails are considered a pathological condition that is created due to keratinization of the nails when the plate increases with the appearance of small bubbles between its layers. It can be found in any person, regardless of gender or age.
The main factor in the appearance of white spots can serve as endogenous and exogenous phenomena. There are people who do not consider such a problem as a problem, but on the contrary, they are sure that white spots on the nails will bring happiness, and good events. Modern medicine is of a completely different opinion, because the human body is a single system, and the formation of even minor offenses can talk about possible, and sometimes severe, failures. And this is confirmed with white spots on the fingernails.
Why do you get white spots on your nails
If an anomaly occurs due to external causes, it will automatically pass for several weeks. If not then it is necessary to look for other factors, so that white nails are formed on the nails of the hands, namely:
- lack of vitamins, iron, and zinc in the body;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- fungal infections;
- decreased hemoglobin;
- cardiac or renal insufficiency;
- metabolic disorders;
- all kinds of diets;
- cirrhosis of the liver.
If there are only changes in the plates, but there is no external factor, it is possible that the originator of the symptom is an internal cause. Usually, the disease is determined by a dermatologist. If necessary, you can visit the endocrinologist, cardiologist, and neurologist.
How to avoid the white spots on the nails
From the above, it is now clear that the disease that destroys the nails, for the most part, is considered a sign of internal disorders in the human body. And in order not to face such a problem and, even worse, not to start the already existing disease, it is possible to prevent such unpleasant occurrences as white spots on the fingernails.
Start eating right. If possible, you must change your diet to the maximum. The menu must necessarily have the presence of fruits, vegetables, poultry, sour-milk products, fish and meat. In particular, you should pay attention to products that increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood, such as apples, pomegranates, dried apricots, liver, and buckwheat. Such foods can prevent the occurrence of anemia.
It is necessary to forget about semi-finished products, canned foods, and sweets. In spring and winter, multivitamins can be taken to supplement the body’s energy reserves. To date, pharmacies represent a wide range of different supplements
You can still start using vitamins and medicines, so white spots will disappear on your fingernails, which can be the use of ordinary varnishes or household chemicals.
However, if these white spots are discovered on the nails, it is advisable to visit a doctor as soon as possible, the competent physician should not begin to form a disease. He will definitely determine the situation of the disturbing organ.
How to get rid of it
If you cleaned with some chemicals, it is recommended to keep your fingers in a little warm water for 15-20 minutes by adding iodine and sea salt. Such an event can “take out” the harmful substances that cut off the nail bar. With direct contact with household chemicals, you need to use household gloves.
Great results can be achieved as a result of the course of treatment with oils, if there is a white dot on the thumb, for example. Experts advise rubbing a mixture of lemon juice and warm olive oil (mix 100 ml with 5 drops of juice). Incredibly, the following solution will restore the nails: 60 ml of almond oil (can be olive), 3 drops of iodine and 5 drops of vitamin A. To rub this “potion” is necessary before going to bed.
If the white spots are the result of damage or improper use of the nail tool, no special treatment is required. You just need to apply procedures that improve the condition of the nails. For example, you can make a soothing bath for hands: 1 tbsp. of dried flowers of chamomile should be poured 200 g heated to 70-80 degree beer. Then add the mixture for 15 minutes, filter through the strainer, cool to the optimum temperature. And then it’s put your fingers in the solution for about 20-25 minutes. At the end of the procedure, it will be superfluous to lubricate the nail with fish oil.
Traditional methods of treatment
If there are white spots on your toenails, how to treat them? It is possible in other ways:
- you can grind 5-7 cloves of garlic, steam your fingers, seal your nails with this stew, store this mixture on the washbasin for about 30 minutes so that the white spots on the nails of the middle finger (for example) completely disappear;
- it is still recommended to boil 1 glass of water with 2 tbsp of green tea, then rinse all fingers in the hot liquid. From the little finger to the big one (the duration of this procedure is 5-7 minutes);
- there is nothing more useful than fish oil that can heal white spots: you should apply it in the tips of all fingers and wash off with warm water after 5 minutes;
If all of the above methods did not help to remove the white spots on your fingernails. Then you should schedule an appointment with a specialist.
- There are various recommendations that can help avoid white spots on nails.
- It is necessary to protect your nervous system – therefore without depression and stress!
- Drink vitamins after consultation with a doctor.
- You need to protect your hands from damage and also be more careful with nails.
- Pay more attention to diet and sleep
- Use household chemicals using gloves.If there is a fungus, be sure to listen to the advice of a specialist. Therapy is long – up to 6 months, and can not be interrupted.