There are a number of nutrients that are very important when trying to lose weight, mostly those nutrients that support your digestive system (helping you to digest foods and absorb nutrients) and your liver (supporting the detoxification process and getting rid of waste) and also clean your colon. When you lose weight you start to lose the toxins that are stored in the fat cells, which gives your liver extra work to do, so supporting the liver and the colon at this time is beneficial to your health.
Makes about 350 ml (12 fl oz)
- 1 slice pineapple, about 180 9 (61/4 02)
- 1/2 Aloe vera or Aloe vera
- Half cucumber
- 1 apple, about 125 g (4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon green powder (such as wheatgrass, spirulina or chlorella)
- ice cubes
Roughly peel the pineapple. Juice the pineapple with the aloe vera, half the cucumber, and apple. Stir in the green powder and mix well.
Pour the juice into a glass over ice and serve immediately.
Juice diet tips
- Use raw, organic vegetables and fruit wherever possible to avoid toxins going into your body you need to eat ‘clean’ foods.
- Limit the number of fruit juices you have each day; choose vegetable juices instead.
- Add protein and fat to your diet by adding chia seeds, linseeds, avocado oil, protein powder and green powders, such as wheatgrass, spirulina, and chlorella, to your juices or smoothies.
- As with your normal diet, the more variety, the more nutrients you are likely to absorb.