Keto diet is a diet with very low carbohydrates but with high-fat content. To lose weight and rehabilitate, use products that contain up to 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbohydrates. Such a diet will shift the functioning of an organism into a state called ketosis (a metabolic state in which fats are the main source of energy for the body)
Advantages of keto-diet
- When you are on a keto diet, you lose weight two times faster than when you are holding a diet with strictly limited calories.
- Keto diet normalizes the level of hormones, reduces appetite, improves insulin sensitivity and accelerates metabolism, and prompts rapid resorption of fat deposits and reduces their formation.
- Keto diet helps to cope with the metabolic syndrome and its consequences (obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease) and improves fat metabolism.
- Diet helps you feel better both in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, as well as in epilepsy.
- It increases the effectiveness of anti-cancer therapy (cancer cells feed on sugar) and relieves the situation in the case of polycystic ovaries (the disease is associated with an elevated insulin level).
- It improves the appearance of the skin.
It’s not difficult to make the menu because the selection of products is huge. The most important thing is to keep the diversity of the table. Prepare the soups and salads without potatoes and cereals, and make the luncheon, paprika or meatballs without flour, and bread. You should eat until you are full, and you do not have to count calories on each spoon. Tea, coffee or chicory, as well as many other drinks, are allowed only to be sugarless or without artificial sweeteners. In the dishes should be put as many spices.
- Sugar and sweets
- Cereals – wheat, rye. barley, rice
- Herbal oils – soy, corn, sunflower, oily turnip
- Grain fruits in small quantities
- Beans, peas, lentils, etc. (you can only use them while they are green, for example, young raw peas of beans)
- Potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, and others.
- Prunes and sauces with sugar, starch or flour
- Products with sweeteners (xylitol and erythritol), biting negatively affecting the ketone bodies in the body (substances released when digesting the sugars)
- All types of meat, fish and seafood, eggs
- Vegetables – are recommended green salads, green vegetables, tomatoes, onions, peppers, which contains high levels of dietary fiber and the less starch
- Whole dairy products sour cream, butter, cheese
- Nuts and seeds
- Herbal oils – olive, coconut, avocados oil
- Fermented products like yogurt, kefir, sour milk, etc.
- Spices and supplements in dishes
1) Scrambled eggs with bacon and with tomatoes or spinach
2 ) Scrambled eggs with pepper
3) Natural yogurt or cottage cheese with nuts or seeds
4) Soft boiled egg with a piece of trappista (type of cheese)
1) Chicken soup with cauliflower and broccoli, boiled chicken meat with the addition of stewed tomato and pepper
2) Beef soup with poached eggs, boiled beef, and a salad of sour cabbage
3) Fish stew pork chops with steamed green beans
4) Soup of blended boiled zucchini, beef steak with eggs and tomato salad
5) Stew with meat dumplings, cabbage with beef (sweet or sour)
6) A sour white stew of stewed chicken liver with shiitake mushrooms sprinkled with sour cream
1) A piece of salmon or chicken baked with sour cream (in the oven) and vegetable salad
2) Cauliflower baked with trappista or with cottage cheese, mixed with sour cream
3) Salad of fish or seafood with green vegetables and tomatoes
4) Mushrooms cooked on a curd and tomato salad
Inconvenience with keto diet
Keto diet is safe for most people. In the beginning, you may feel uncomfortable symptoms such as feeling hungry, feeling chronic tiredness, insomnia, nausea, concentration problems, headache, or even dizziness, irritability, and weeping. All these symptoms are related to changes that occur in the functioning of the body. Metabolism and melting of fatty deposits. To make this transition easier, start your diet by using low-carbohydrate foods. The keto diet is healthy for the organism, but it consists of quite hard-boiled foods and people are complicated to adhere to it. For the length of the diet it is best to arrange with a doctor. If you do not want to just lose weight but also improve your health, you will really have a gain. During the diet you will need to strengthen your own will.