Chinese apple, or khaki, or Persimmon originates from Asia. It came to Europe in the 15th century, and today it is cultivated in warmer areas almost all over the world. It is a deciduous tree that can reach a height of up to 8 meters. Its fruits have a smooth peel with yellow, orange or reddish color and have a characteristic sweet taste. There are several subspecies of Persimmon, which differ in shape, taste, fruit size, and nutritional properties. The fruits are harvested late autumn.
It is a fruit that contains a small number of calories, but many carbohydrates. Specifically, in 100 grams of this fruit has about 70 calories, and there is no fat at all. Therefore, there are many carbohydrates, and in addition, its meat abounds with easily digestible fibers that greatly activate digestion. About 100 grams of fruit contains about 3 grams of various soluble and insoluble fibers. The minerals contain potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, abounds with vitamins C, B, A and E, and with various amino acids. Precisely because of this wealth of minerals and vitamins, the Persimmon has healing properties, so it affects not only preventively, it is also used in the fight against almost all types of diseases.
The Benefits of Persimmon
diseases related to the nerves (soothing nerves that relax and strengthen) treated
- bowel disease (constipation, inflammatory conditions, and intestinal infections, impaired digestion,
anddischarge, especially when traveling or changing the climate)
- diseases of the stomach (gastroenteritis, poor digestion)
- for the treatment of hemorrhoids (prevents the stiff stool and acts favorably on the emptying of the intestines)
- liver and bile disease (fatty liver, poor liver function, poor bile secretion)
- also treating diarrhea
- Dried mature fruit is a good remedy for treating complications with bronchi, especially when dry cough (we take powder of dry Persimmon)
- fresh juice from Persimmon helps in treating high blood pressure
- the flowerpots help to cure hiccups
- it strengthens immunity