One of the first symptoms of magnesium deficiency is chronic fatigue, which most people try to get by consuming coffee. Unfortunately these beverages increase neuromuscular excitability and deepen fatigue.
Magnesium (Mg) is a mineral and is contained in significant amounts in the body, and therefore belongs to the “macronutrients”. His name comes from magnesium – an ancient Greek settlement known for white powder. Magnesium was used in the R
- He plays an important role in muscle contractions
- Like vitamin D, magnesium helps calcium and phosphorus to fix in bone tissue
- Participate in the formation of cartilage and collagen (an important building block)
- The brain is twice as large a magnesium consumer than all other organs
- Magnesium participates in the formation of immunological protection – it enters the synthesis of antibodies and also the natural interferon (an important anti-viral molecule)
- Deficiency of magnesium causes the release of inflated amounts of histamine that cause allergic crises in the inclined individuals
Anxiety and magnesium
Magnesium can be called an anti-anxiety element because of its ability to regulate the response of the organism to certain aggression: cold, quarrel, also sudden strong noise, etc. The more the lack of magnesium is, the individual becomes – sensitive, nervous and also anxious. He reacts too strongly to external influences, and this is associated with an even greater need for magnesium. So it comes to a vicious circle, which can lead to exhaustion and depression.
The recommended daily intake is between 320 and 400 milligrams per day. Magnesium participates in more than 300 biochemical reactions of the body.
Did you know that every day you can prepare a tasty miracle magnesium drink, which will reduce the risk of magnesium deficiency (this drink does not replace recommended dietary supplements with magnesium
See the ingredients and the approximate magnesium content:
- 1 cup of cabbage or spinach (157 mg)
- 1 banana (32 mg)
- Natural cocoa powder (27 mg)
- Spoon honey (1 mg)
- 1 teaspoon protein powder – if you want, you do not have to add it
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (17 mg)
How to make this miracle magnesium drink
All the ingredients are combined in a blender and grind to perfect homogeneity. You can consume it every day for more energy, and as an anti-anxiety remedy, you can even replace the meal or drink between meals if you are very hungry.